Driving and reflecting about the past couple weeks and here are my recent reminders / lessons.
1) Be grateful for where you are and enjoy that space. I am not in a rush to get out of Broomfield. I thought I was, but.. really, being a roomie with my brother is pretty wonderful and I’m still down in the city a lot anyway. And.. it’s quite fun to have visitors up here! I act like I’m so far away, but I’m a 20 minute drive to downtown Denver.
2) Don’t let yourself go down any kind of rabbit hole of negativity and self defeat. I started to do that today but instead of dwelling on what I was lacking, I moved forward getting stuff done. This is a struggle, but I’m working on it.
3) Surround yourself with positive people (duh)… people that make you laugh, understand where you’re coming from, and that can lift you up and you, them!
4) Learn something new every week that’s related to your passion. At the moment for me, it’s learning a new song on my ukulele.
5) Let the people in your life know you are thinking of them and tell them how much you love them <3
6) Call your parents and grandparents. Even if you don’t feel like talking to them. They want to hear from you.
7) Take time off to enjoy life and be lazy. And do it guilt free.
- Space is the place!